Plans. So, we all have plans. Plans for getting married. Maybe raising a family. Maybe getting an education for a great paying job. There is saving up money for a car or a house or a boat or a farm. Lots to plan for. Lots of different endeavors to plan for.
I heard God laughing the other day...again!! I told Him my plans. They say if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans. Jeremiah 29:11. “Know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper, not to hurt you.” Sometimes our plans are not God's plans, or His plans are not ours.
Have your plans turned out the way you thought they would? Mine haven’t. Some totally missed the boat. Others turned out much better than I thought, Thanks be to God! As I have learned through Cursillo, put God on the front seat of the tandem bicycle, not the back seat, and let Him steer (guide) your path. There will be lots of hills and valleys. With many twists and turns. And if you are so concerned with staying on the road you will miss the view! That is why we should sit on the back seat and let God steer while we pedal.
This past weekend, July 24 & 25, was the National Cursillo Encounter…. Virtual style!!! While it was not the event that was being planned by National Secretariat, God did see it through, even with some technical difficulties. Some points to share with you:
• • Cursillo is not a one-time event but an ongoing personal daily encounter with Christ.
• • An isolated Christian is a paralyzed Christian.
• • Use the classroom of silence to “hear” God. He wants to talk to you! He loves YOU.
• • Leaders don’t impose; they propose.
• • Don’t stand out as a leader, stand firm in your faith.
• • Our desire to know and love God increases our ability to hold more of Jesus.
• • Our personal encounter with Christ doesn’t get any more personal than taking the body and blood of Jesus into our bodies.
In the end, all that God asks of us is to trust Him….and pedal!!